Nintendo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo Forum

A General Nintendo Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Conversation

Go down 
+9
ChaseEversoleTV
BL3$$3D
Michelle
Chris
I<3Rosalina
nicke8
TPY
vin-a-cent
Lazero
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

General Conversation - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016, 5:56 am

Quantum wrote:
Yeah, given how the amount of people in the target demographic who wear glasses is probably going to be pretty big. I really hope they include a glasses friendly sized version.

Now if only someone went to the next step and started doing those VR pods, you know... the kind of sci-fi stuff we see in movies/games. Without the cliche of people dying in real life if they die in the VR world.

Oh so that's how you use the snap feature, seems dragging it to the side makes whatever window I do it to fullscreen. Now that I think of it, I've actually done this before without knowing it was called the snap feature. Neato.

Speaking of movies on Thanksgiving, I just got around to renting and watching Independence Day 2, it's not nearly as good as the first one at all though. The first one was a lot funnier since it had Will Smith in it. Seems most people shared that opinion.

When you think about it, games basically pay the heating bill in the Winter. No need for AC when you have a PC running at 60~90C at most times to heat up the room.
I hope so. Since I don't think I'll ever get into contacts or laser. Though if I ever have to become a cyborg I could do that.

But it'll make it so exciting if you die for real. Just kidding. Though some people probably would die from stuff.

Might get a PS4 , since gamestop is selling 500gb,and 2 games for $249. UC4 and choice of Ratchet and Clank,or Last of Us Remaster. Though there is the white Destiny Taken King Limited Edition one listed online for $224. There's also refurbished ones for 224, but I'm unsure about refurbish. So I'm not sure which would be a better option.
General Conversation - Page 13 Ps4-destiny-taken-king-2
I really want Just Cause 3, but I don't quite know what other games. I am looking into Witcher 3 though, would you recommend it? Is it a traditional medival game, because I'm not quite into those,but I have heard good things,and I like the 16 pieces of DLC and thank you note the dev gives you. I've thought of Overwatch if the price isn't bad. Any games you'd recommend for PS4?(even though you have a PC).

Indeed, it's been useful. Also private browsing has been useful.

Yeah, and I heard they killed his character off in some comic no one read. If it had Will Smith, it've been better,at least for nostalgic purposes.

Yes, just move to the arctic and fire up the PC,lol.

https://youtu.be/Tbwx9mv9q34
The memes are surpassing the original qualities. I bet there's an alternate reality where Snoop Dog is everyone. And It's probably a chill world.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016, 2:13 am

Blasar wrote:
Quantum wrote:
Yeah, given how the amount of people in the target demographic who wear glasses is probably going to be pretty big. I really hope they include a glasses friendly sized version.

Now if only someone went to the next step and started doing those VR pods, you know... the kind of sci-fi stuff we see in movies/games. Without the cliche of people dying in real life if they die in the VR world.

Oh so that's how you use the snap feature, seems dragging it to the side makes whatever window I do it to fullscreen. Now that I think of it, I've actually done this before without knowing it was called the snap feature. Neato.

Speaking of movies on Thanksgiving, I just got around to renting and watching Independence Day 2, it's not nearly as good as the first one at all though. The first one was a lot funnier since it had Will Smith in it. Seems most people shared that opinion.

When you think about it, games basically pay the heating bill in the Winter. No need for AC when you have a PC running at 60~90C at most times to heat up the room.
I hope so. Since I don't think I'll ever get into contacts or laser. Though if I ever have to become a cyborg I could do that.

But it'll make it so exciting if you die for real. Just kidding. Though some people probably would die from stuff.

Might get a PS4 , since gamestop is selling 500gb,and 2 games for $249. UC4 and choice of Ratchet and Clank,or Last of Us Remaster. Though there is the white Destiny Taken King Limited Edition one listed online for $224. There's also refurbished ones for 224, but I'm unsure about refurbish. So I'm not sure which would be a better option.
I really want Just Cause 3, but I don't quite know what other games. I am looking into Witcher 3 though, would you recommend it? Is it a traditional medival game, because I'm not quite into those,but I have heard good things,and I like the 16 pieces of DLC and thank you note the dev gives you. I've thought of Overwatch if the price isn't bad. Any games you'd recommend for PS4?(even though you have a PC).

Yeah, and I heard they killed his character off in some comic no one read. If it had Will Smith, it've been better,at least for nostalgic purposes.

The memes are surpassing the original qualities. I bet there's an alternate reality where Snoop Dog is everyone. And It's probably a chill world.

I once thought I should get laser surgery as a kid, but my parents said no cause the technology is new and something would probably go wrong in the process. And now I don't want to get laser surgery after seeing that scene in Final Destination 5... or get contacts either cause of that scene with the contacts in that Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy cartoon, lol.

Might be more exciting, the dropoff in the playerbase would be huge though :p

On a serious note, imagine combining the concept of an FPS and VR together. I'd be like airsoft/paintball, without the annoying baggage that I hear comes with those games (like the people who cheat and don't call hits in those games lol). Also, more sword fighting games could be a thing and it'd actually be sword fighting. Imagine fencing without having to wear all that annoying bulky electronic equipment and stuff, lol.

That Destiny one looks pretty nice. I guess it just depends on how much you want to play it now :p

I don't know anything about Just Cause 3 because I never played it, but Witcher 3 is a game I'd definitely recommend. Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone are also really good DLCs. I also think Shadow Warrior 2 is a pretty good game as well if that's on the PS4.

I don't use private browsing on my stuff cause nobody ends up checking what I'm browsing anymore unlike when I was a kid. :p

Wait what? They actually killed off Will Smith's character? That's some bs right there.

There's a lot of things that could have been done better for that movie, when that dood blew up the alien ship in the first movie saying "HELLO BOYS, I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK", that was epic and hilarious. When the president blew up the alien ship in this movie, I was like, "meh".

Ha, that parody pretty funny. I haven't watched Kill la Kill yet, but I did end up finally binge watching all 37 episodes of Death Note this week... 5 years after someone from high school told me I should watch it, lol. It's a cool feeling actually knowing what a lot of people's avatars/icons come from now (since basically 70% of people use famous anime characters as their pictures), lol.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Quantumity
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016, 11:49 pm

Quantum wrote:
Blasar wrote:
Quantum wrote:

I once thought I should get laser surgery as a kid, but my parents said no cause the technology is new and something would probably go wrong in the process. And now I don't want to get laser surgery after seeing that scene in Final Destination 5... or get contacts either cause of that scene with the contacts in that Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy cartoon, lol.

Might be more exciting, the dropoff in the playerbase would be huge though :p

On a serious note, imagine combining the concept of an FPS and VR together. I'd be like airsoft/paintball, without the annoying baggage that I hear comes with those games (like the people who cheat and don't call hits in those games lol). Also, more sword fighting games could be a thing and it'd actually be sword fighting. Imagine fencing without having to wear all that annoying bulky electronic equipment and stuff, lol.

That Destiny one looks pretty nice. I guess it just depends on how much you want to play it now :p

I don't know anything about Just Cause 3 because I never played it, but Witcher 3 is a game I'd definitely recommend. Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone are also really good DLCs. I also think Shadow Warrior 2 is a pretty good game as well if that's on the PS4.

I don't use private browsing on my stuff cause nobody ends up checking what I'm browsing anymore unlike when I was a kid. :p

Wait what? They actually killed off Will Smith's character? That's some bs right there.

There's a lot of things that could have been done better for that movie, when that dood blew up the alien ship in the first movie saying "HELLO BOYS, I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK", that was epic and hilarious. When the president blew up the alien ship in this movie, I was like, "meh".

Ha, that parody pretty funny. I haven't watched Kill la Kill yet, but I did end up finally binge watching all 37 episodes of Death Note this week... 5 years after someone from high school told me I should watch it, lol. It's a cool feeling actually knowing what a lot of people's avatars/icons come from now (since basically 70% of people use famous anime characters as their pictures), lol.
Yes.

Well, just connect people to make more people to play,lol. You might have situations like the mass Runescape and World of Warcrafts.

But VR would be very cool, and if you could do shadow clone stuff like Naruto and train people to the next level without death worries.

https://youtu.be/-x1q7wY0koE

Maybe I'll have to get around to Witcher 3 since I have 3 PS4 games(due to getting two free with a PS4 and JC3.). Just Cause 3 also has three DLCs, mechs, flying fortress(including jetpack to fly like Iron Man),and a water base). But Shadow Warrior 2 looks great. So does 1,but I haven't gotten around to the series but I've liked what I've seen.

Gamestop put the wrong disc in the New Vegas Ultimate case, so we went to a different one to get the right one and I'm glad they were able to. Also got the Saints Row 4 National Treasure Edition and Metal Gear Rising while I was there. My friend had a similar situation with SR4NT, but he took it back and even with receipt and case, they said they could do anything,but he lives in Hawaii. I'm lucky to have good gamestops where I live.

Oh, the president did? I remember the prez did fight in the first.

I've went through the same when watching various animes,and sometimes shows/games. Suddenly most icons began to come together. Two I've gotten into were Kokkuri-San, and finally getting around to Gintama which almost seems like an anime a friend and I would make with our humor.
Back to top Go down
Fzerowii
The dude who created everything

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016, 8:53 pm

Holy shit I haven't been on since nov 30 D: sorry guys finals had me sooo busy but I'm on break now. Are you guys ready for xmas and 2017?
Back to top Go down
https://nintendo.4umer.com
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016, 3:35 pm

Yep, the president did fight in the first movie indeed. I went to watch the new Star Wars movie during this past month, and also the new movie set in the Harry Potter universe also.

Speaking being ready, Merry Christmas everyone :p

Back to top Go down
Fzerowii

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016, 10:09 pm

Merry Christmas!! I saw the new Harry Potter movie too it was pretty good. And I got the iPhone 7 a few days back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2016, 7:02 am

Yeah, Merry Christmas!

Got some cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017, 7:44 am

Happy New Year for the CT.

Enjoying the games and such. Also the Switch presentation was ok.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017, 11:35 am

Yep. I looked it up and it seems it's coming out really soon. I do wonder how well it will sell though. lol.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017, 7:04 am

I'll probably wait til fall to get it,or later than that.

I realize I've been posting on another forum for 10 years almost,here in a few months. If mkwii was still around,2019 would mark 10 years. Also 3 years for a daily chat with a friend. But happy 7th anniversary since I signed up on 1/17. All of us signed up in January.

Real life was busy for 3-4 years, so I hope things'll go fine with a new president, and I figure out what I want to earn money at. I suppose I could take my sword and become a wandering samurai. :p

General Conversation - Page 13 Bdc
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017, 9:35 pm

A lot of people have been saying it's doomed to be another case of the Wii U, in terms of lack of sales, (because of paid online/lack of launch titles besides Zelda) though. So I wonder.

I have no idea what that comic is referencing :p

Too bad I can't just buy a house in the middle of the forest and become a hermit, at least in the sense that I'd probably have even worse internet.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2017, 7:45 am

I heard the paid online is less though, so that sounds good.

It's a crow and owl girl, cute series of comics with the crow.

I hope MGSV and Shadow Warrior are good, I got those games.

Yeah. If I could have amazing internet and indoor plumbing, I'd probably be fine living in the middle of nowhere. Preferably somewhere warm most of the year if I decided to do that. I love animals so I'd probably have some animals to keep me company.

General Conversation - Page 13 D78
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017, 12:36 am

Maybe they'll make it free again once they realize there's not very many people who will pay $30 a year just to play Mario Kart and Smash.

I get that, I just don't get the "who" and "who-who" punchline. Also just realized the one on the left is the same one in your profile picture. xD

Shadow Warrior 1 or Shadow Warrior 2? Shadow Warrior 1 was pretty fun, Shadow Warrior 2 is a bit different cause it felt like Borderlands 2 to me, lol.

Yeah, I'd totally buy/contract to build a house that looks like that one Frank Lloyd Wright built with the creek right smack dab in the middle of it surrounded by trees everywhere. Definitely the type of house to hermit in.

We'd probably need a 400cc to get the same feeling :p

On a side note I've been binge watching a lot of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure lately, lol.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017, 6:55 pm

I saw 17-26 dollars. That doesn't sound too bad compared to Xbox and PS4. And you get a free NES/SNES game for a month. I still wish it was kind of free. But with paid online, this online better be good.

Because the girl on the right is an owl girl. Who who.

Shadow Warrior 1. I think what hooked me was playing Saints Row 4 and hearing "You Got the Touch." and checking into Shadow Warrior cause of the intro.(the intro for 2 is cool too.). So when I saw it on PS4, I decided I'd get it. MGSV's games I decided to get on PS4 because they were the same price on PS3. And if I'm gonna get a game I might as well get the best version. I think SW might've been on PS3 for the same price too.:p

Right now I just beat Just Cause 3,and Deadpool, and they were a ton of fun. I'm reluctant to start Fallout 4 and MGSV because they'd be long games. I am playing Ratchet and Clank PS4 right now and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I've also been enjoying demos for games. Oh, I also got $10 from PSN which was nice. I have no idea what to spend it on though. I might get to Metal Gear Rising some time this year too. My friend A ranked all missions/got all emblems to unlock Green Hill Zone in SA2 and I contemplated doing that, tried it and A ranked a few missions and I decided 'maybe I'll just beat all the missions instead."

I think I've seen his house in real life since I went on a trip to Oberlin. I'd love to hermit in a house like that. Or hermit in a house like Master Roshi.

Yes. Be like the 1000cc on the Action Replay for Mario Kart DS. I wonder, if I use cheat codes to unlock AX on GX's disc and then unlock the drivers/tracks on AX,would that still count as cheating. :p

I watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 and 2, and those were fun to watch. Joseph Joestar was relatable.

Happy Valentine's Day community thread. Or singles day as known by some.
Back to top Go down
Fzerowii

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017, 8:46 pm

Guys I've been sooooo busy irl I'm so sorry I keep forgetting about this place!
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017, 4:09 pm

Quote :
Guys I've been sooooo busy irl I'm so sorry I keep forgetting about this place!
Ha, to be fair, I've been pretty busy as well. I've had like 5 tests for the past 2 weeks. lol :p

Quote :
I saw 17-26 dollars. That doesn't sound too bad compared to Xbox and PS4. And you get a free NES/SNES game for a month. I still wish it was kind of free. But with paid online, this online better be good.

Because the girl on the right is an owl girl. Who who.

Shadow Warrior 1. I think what hooked me was playing Saints Row 4 and hearing "You Got the Touch." and checking into Shadow Warrior cause of the intro.(the intro for 2 is cool too.). So when I saw it on PS4, I decided I'd get it. MGSV's games I decided to get on PS4 because they were the same price on PS3. And if I'm gonna get a game I might as well get the best version. I think SW might've been on PS3 for the same price too.:p

Right now I just beat Just Cause 3,and Deadpool, and they were a ton of fun. I'm reluctant to start Fallout 4 and MGSV because they'd be long games. I am playing Ratchet and Clank PS4 right now and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I've also been enjoying demos for games. Oh, I also got $10 from PSN which was nice. I have no idea what to spend it on though. I might get to Metal Gear Rising some time this year too. My friend A ranked all missions/got all emblems to unlock Green Hill Zone in SA2 and I contemplated doing that, tried it and A ranked a few missions and I decided 'maybe I'll just beat all the missions instead."

I think I've seen his house in real life since I went on a trip to Oberlin. I'd love to hermit in a house like that. Or hermit in a house like Master Roshi.

Yes. Be like the 1000cc on the Action Replay for Mario Kart DS. I wonder, if I use cheat codes to unlock AX on GX's disc and then unlock the drivers/tracks on AX,would that still count as cheating. :p

I watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 and 2, and those were fun to watch. Joseph Joestar was relatable.

Happy Valentine's Day community thread. Or singles day as known by some.

Hopefully. I did hear the PS4 guys say the same thing when PSN became pay to use, and then later on I hear them complain that it's still like a free service in terms of quality, only now they had to pay for it. We'll find out in about 2 weeks I guess

lol, okay, I get it now.

Nice. Right now I been finishing up an Icewind Dale playthrough that I started back in May (I named the save files the day I played it so I know). I've also been playing this JRPG called Atelier's Sophie: The Alchemist of the Myterious Book cause why not, lol.

Never got the 180 emblems needed to unlock Green Hil Zone in SA2. There were some missions that felt downright impossible to get an A rank in. Others seemed just impossible like the "don't hit the walls" and "clear hard mode" of Route 280, or some of the missions in Egg Quarters. Also, Sky Rail mission 4, seems I always get a B rank no matter how fast/how much stuff I destroy, lol.

Oh you actually went there? Nice.

Yeah, Joeseph Joestar is my favorite character in the series lol. The clever way he dealt with Straizo made me immediately see he was just as good/better than Jonathan Joestar, lol. Right now I'm on episode 27 of Part 3 where they finally end up in Egypt.

It's called Candy Day for people who are single I guess :p
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017, 8:12 am

Indeed.

Icewind Dale? I've heard of it. The other doesn't sound familiar, unless it's that one that blends retro sprites and 3D environments. Nioh seems interesting, and it's based on a real guy. After Ratchet and Clank, I'm not quite sure what to start. But a friend and his wife stopped by recently for a family cookout, and his wife was really knowledgeable on games I'd played/etc, even things like the Dreamcast. He was too, so it was nice to have someone to talk about hobbies with. Also they told me a tip about the PS4, you can use the PS4 controller for PS3, which is nice because the PS4 is comfortable to use. I mean I like my custom glowy one I got at Kmart, but the PS4 is good too.

Yeah, I gave up on that. I've played a few difficult games and spent a lot of time on certain games and don't feel like doing that now. It's the points, so if I ever get cheat device, I'll just use that and have some fun rather than frustration.

Joseph Joestar is great. And he was voiced by Numbah One. I think that's what made me actually watch JoJo, that and Jonathan was voiced by Vash the Stampede. Yes, I remember one forum post the detailed how he was the most relatable of the protagonists, I should find it.

I finished Drifters season 1. Where historical warriors go to this fantasy dimension after death and two groups are pitted against either,from the creators of Hellsing. The other one's(I still need to watch the last episode or two of Kokkuri, nice slice of life story). I finished season 1 of Jormungand and it was like Metal Gear. But it was definitely interesting enough since it's set in the same universe as Black Lagoon. A friend recommended Demi Chan, which was about a teacher interviewing some of his students who are supernatural. Seems like a nice slice of life one from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017, 6:39 am

Ha, that's really awesome. If only I had more people irl where I could just sit down and talk games.

Sort of, I'm guessing it was going for that anime feel in a game.

It looks a bit like Dark Souls in terms of gameplay, Nioh that is.

Well, there's no real reason to play Icewind Dale at all if you have no nostalgia connection to the game to be honest (let alone Icewind Dale 2). Too much save/rest scumming required to play the game + too much micromanagement and min maxing needed just to get past most fights. A lot of the times my fighter characters would just charge into their deaths against 6 enemies and get themselves surrounded unless I clicked on them to stay put. That or right into my mage's fireball spell (there's friendly fire for aoe spells in that game). When I finished the game when it comes to in-game time I apparently had like 10 months clocked in (every rest is about 8 hours or so and I rested between each fight). It kinda felt weird being told to clean out a dungeon and finishing the job like 3 months later when the NPC who told me to do it might not even remember he told me to do it at that point, lol. Realistically I'd think he'd have hired another guy to do the job by that point because he'd assume I'm dead. No wonder it felt like my Dad was taking forever to play the game when I was watching him play it back all those years. It's basically hersey to criticize those games, but that's just how I honestly feel.

I guess on one hand we don't want to casualize our RPGs to the point they're basically shooters like the trend has been for the past couple of years because that's the worse end of the spectrum. But there should be a middle ground that's in between the patronizing handholding of a lot of new games and inconvenience just for the sake of being hard like some old school or new games that try to be old school. It's a real shame how a lot of new games are designed to be ridiculously hand holdy and have no interesting mechanics outside of QTEs (most likely since professional game journalists don't know how to play games, as seen in Polygon's infamous doom video, ever saw that one? It's pretty cringe, lol), and at the same time, some of the older games are too hard. If there's any cake where we should be able to have it and eat it too, it should be this one.

That being said, some games just aren't worth the effort of finishing on hard mode, lol. If you finished Shadow Warrior by now you might have noticed that on harder difficulties all the enemies have like 5x health or something of the sort. Everything took forever to die :p

A worthwhile hard mode I think would be having to go up against an AI that's smarter for example. Say like we could make one that plays smarter, and on the hardest difficulty, uses tactics like an actual human player. That would be something I'd feel like is worth my time to beat. I don't think I'd even be mad dying to a smart AI as opposed to one that's just more OP than me. I think we've kind of actually gone backwards on the AI front. Nowadays most AI will just sit behind cover and throw grenades at us, while in older games like F.E.A.R the AI actually tried employing some tactics.

Yeah, normally I like watching the subbed versions for most anime because it just feels more right, but I really like the dub for Joseph Joestar. The voice actor for McCree actually did some VA work as Jotaro for like the 3 episodes that were dubbed for Stardust crusaders, and that was pretty cool too.

Also

I just realized I've seen clips of random scenes of Black Lagoon and Jormungand before on youtube before. It was that hilarious one where he blew up a helicopter using torpedoes and stuffs. While I've been gone I've finished watching One Punch Man and playing an RPG called Shadowrun Dragonfall. It's sort of like XCom but turn based and with more guns and RPG elements to it.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017, 10:30 pm

Indeed. Sometimes it's nice to have a bit of real life talk about hobbies.

I see. Nioh seems interesting enough but I have a lot of other games. Shadow of War looks pretty cool, especially being a sequel of Mordor, a game that did a lot of things right. The company that makes it was pretty savvy to the internet. Kind of like Sonic's twitter and Sega in general. But the Shadow of Mordor series and Ghost Recon Wildlands have done what a lot of people hoped MGSV would do.Breath of the Wild shares a lot of comparisons with it as well.

I see. That would be pretty amusing. Kind of like doing sidequests when you should be saving the world in a lot of games.

Deleting some unneeded stuff from my computer since I didn't have much space. Cleared up 2Gb but I'm trying to clear up some more.

Indeed, ME2 did good with smarter enemies, and RE4 from what I've played. Also Breath of the Wild AI seems smart from what I've seen. Indeed, there needs to be a middle ground because I don't want to be lost but I also don't want to be told everything. So many seem to go "aw yeah I love dying 300 times and not knowing where anything is and hunting for 20 hours trying to figure out the mission objective.". They need people who can actually play games to show them off. Like the cringey team work videos most shooters seem to show off at conventions, like nobody talks like that, and it's not how they go, I'll have to share Dunkey's video on that. I don't know if I've seen the Doom one but I remember the one where they were trying to use VR guns and couldn't handle it.

But best games are just ones that throw you into the fun and let you learn. Like Just Cause 3 was awesome for that, and Deadpool. Just dropped into the world and you learn from there, sometimes the missions could teach you but they were fun missions. I was proud when I ran out of ammo in the last fight,so I attached the hook to the suitcase, put c4 on it, attached it to the chopper and reeled it in and exploded it, killing the final boss's chopper.

Yes, few games am I interested in on playing on the hardest difficulty since enemies just become bullet sponges, and protagonist just becomes a leaf. But with a co-op partner, I have been willing to do that(though the Invincible Bosses in Borderlands 2 were frustrating,never beat them,bullet sponges and 1 hit kills). But with a co op partner I can pull my weight at whatever difficulty. Currently I'm almost done with RE4, so I haven't gotten to Shadow Warrior yet. I might be playing Borderlands Pre Sequel with my friend.

I believe it was Chernobyl,or another game where the AI was so smart it could actually beat the game. But also the AI was so smart/player like, that they actually had to make it less smart so people could handle it.

I did like how he just pulls out the gun to shoot him rather than wait for some melee fight.

I did learn his voices and thought it was col. But I like that Mcrees voice actor plays Overwatch and goes "It's High Noon" in voice chat to mess with people. I'd probably do that. I hope Doomfist becomes a playable character so Terry Crews can voice him.

From 60 degree temps in February to inches of snow and 10 degrees in mid March.

General Conversation - Page 13 Kemono_friends_penguinz_by_ayukawarenka-dayn1vk
I like this one already.:p Considering a bunch of my usernames have a penguin theme. I need to build that penguin army my friend said I had in a dream,lol.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 04 Apr 2017, 7:42 am

Wait, what? They're making a sequel to Shadow of Mordor? That's awesome. I wonder why I never heard of this before. I always wanted more after the ending of the game (given how abrupt the ending to that game was, the only downside I felt it had)

By the way, have you played a game Nier Automata? I bought it recently and it's one of my favorite games that came out this year so far.

I have a 2 TB harddrive. But no matter how much I seem to clear up I can never seem to have more than 600 GB of free space. I wonder if I somehow dumped the other 1.4 TB somewhere hidden that I completely forgot about.

We need real gamers to actually to showcase these games, anything less is basically a disservice to the game.

I hate those cringey teamwork videos people always try to do also, it's one of the reasons why I rarely watch multiplayer trailers if ever because I know they're never an accurate representation of the actual gameplay I'll be experiencing when I go online anyway. Like for example, when's the last time you ever got into a game and people played like this? Yeah. Never seen that either. Everyone knows that games are supposed to be played like this. Too many game trailers try to seem like wannabe movie trailers with either some sort of EDM/top 40 music instead of trying to sell the idea the game is fun to play + more fun than any of the other options coming out. I'd be more persuaded to buy a game from a commercial that was just a montage of 2 or more average friends having cool/fun moments in the game while over skype/teamspeak/etc.

I've seen that video where they tried VR guns too, that was pretty cringe. People said they even loaded the magazine backwards, lol.

Most of the Borderlands 2 Bosses were just cheese in general. Terramorphous for example was only beatable if you hid behind a specific rock. I dunno if I said this before, but I think Shadow Warrior did bosses pretty well compared to most games. I finished Pre-Sequel once and didn't really touch it again. I dunno if they'll ever make a Borderlands 3 at this point given that Gearbox's other game Battleborn basically crashed and burned and there is basically zero people playing it.

It was the Stalker games in general where they had the smart AI :p

I don't think they have any plans of putting Doomfist in the game. And I'm not saying this just because they released fallout 4 sentry botOrisa instead, lol :p

A penguin army would be useful for a lot of stuff :p
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyWed 05 Apr 2017, 7:47 am

And that disappointing final boss fight. I'd really love a modern setting game with the mechanics of the Mordor games.

I have played the Nier Demo,and seen a lot of the art and such for it, but I do not own it. But it seems good from what I've played and seen. Cute comic. Breath of the Wild looks pretty awesome, and seems to fit everything Phantom Pain said it'd do. Androids/bots have been on the mind lately since I watched Two Best Friends LP of Megaman X:Command Mission, and it seems like a cool game. That and agents of shield has a matrix/robot plot going on.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/234/312/e2f.jpg

2TB. Damn, I definitely don't have that much space. Did help my mom install her new computer though. Also a new printer. Also caught up with family that we haven't seen in a while.(they're out of state). Earlier in the month,or maybe last month,we'd gotten stuff from family in Japan and it was pretty cool.

Funny you posted dunkey because https://youtu.be/Ug86qB68f1M sums it up perfectly. The Rainbow Six trailer one was pretty cringey. And all the ones with the music that don't really share much about what the game actually is. Yes,I'm more persuaded by those kind of things than the cheesy ads. Especially since the ads are now just [DEEP STORY MOMENTS MONTAGE WITH SONG BLASTING IN BACKGROUND]. Speaking of the music. https://youtu.be/oOlDewpCfZQ

I've never used a gun but I like to think I'm knowledgeable enough to not do those things.

Resident Evil 4 took up more of my time since the PS2 version froze, so I beat the PS4 version in 4 days. I had started Shadow Warrior and Ground Zeros as a way to pass the time instead. Ground Zero paints a great picture of the path forward...but I've spoiled myself a long time ago, so I know it's a lot more disappointing of a conclusion. Though I'm kind of in a "time to take a break" mood in regards to games, since I have other stuff in life to do right now, and online. But I did luck out in my purchases at a pawn shop, and got Hyperdimension Neptunia,Link's Crossbow Training,Dante's Inferno, Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations, Muramasa the Demon Blade, and Pikmin 3. Also a few games at Gamestop, RE4 PS4 which was a solid experience overall. Also an RE Bundle, Undead Nightmares and a rally car game. The pawn shop games were pretty cheap.

Yes, but when a friend and I played they patched that so we couldn't do that. We did play a bit of Pre Sequel. Shadow Warrior's a fantastic experience(still got a bit to go,I'll catch up on it later) and really captures the kind of fun I'm looking for(on ps4 too).

Cool AI. We need smart AIs rather than bullet sponges. Plus there needs to be bots for multiplayer, since I'm a solo player a majority of the time. Orisa's new skin could have Terry Crew's as the voice.

Yes, robots need to advance so I can build my massive penguin army. Or until penguins evolve enough to form into an army. Come to think of it I think a penguin is in one country's army.

Seems animals are the theme for manga/anime I've watched clips of read, since it's mostly been about animal people or monster people. I would probably thrive in a world of animal people though considering my knowledge on animals. :p
General Conversation - Page 13 620General Conversation - Page 13 17e
Glad Jack's back.
Back to top Go down
Fzerowii

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyThu 06 Apr 2017, 3:44 pm

Wow it's been so long! I haven't been on in a month omg I'm sorry again! School had kept me so busy... I really want to get the switch tho! Can't believe it's been a year since I revived this place although the domain without the forumsmotion tag will expire soon but I'm probably not going to change it back. Anyway what's up with everyone else? I'm also going to Japan next month again, I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017, 3:35 am

Quote :
Wow it's been so long! I haven't been on in a month omg I'm sorry again! School had kept me so busy... I really want to get the switch tho! Can't believe it's been a year since I revived this place although the domain without the forumsmotion tag will expire soon but I'm probably not going to change it back. Anyway what's up with everyone else? I'm also going to Japan next month again, I can't wait!

The domain will expire soon? Dang, can't believe it's been almost a year since then. Well, at least I won't panic when I type in nintendoforum.org and end up in a different place, since the actual forum isn't going anywhere.

Whenever you do get the Switch, have fun with the New Zelda. I've just been playing some Age of Empires 2 lately with a few people.

Have fun in Japan, lol :p

Quote :
And that disappointing final boss fight. I'd really love a modern setting game with the mechanics of the Mordor games.

I have played the Nier Demo,and seen a lot of the art and such for it, but I do not own it. But it seems good from what I've played and seen. Cute comic. Breath of the Wild looks pretty awesome, and seems to fit everything Phantom Pain said it'd do. Androids/bots have been on the mind lately since I watched Two Best Friends LP of Megaman X:Command Mission, and it seems like a cool game. That and agents of shield has a matrix/robot plot going on.

2TB. Damn, I definitely don't have that much space. Did help my mom install her new computer though. Also a new printer. Also caught up with family that we haven't seen in a while.(they're out of state). Earlier in the month,or maybe last month,we'd gotten stuff from family in Japan and it was pretty cool.

Funny you posted dunkey because https://youtu.be/Ug86qB68f1M sums it up perfectly. The Rainbow Six trailer one was pretty cringey. And all the ones with the music that don't really share much about what the game actually is. Yes,I'm more persuaded by those kind of things than the cheesy ads. Especially since the ads are now just [DEEP STORY MOMENTS MONTAGE WITH SONG BLASTING IN BACKGROUND]. Speaking of the music. https://youtu.be/oOlDewpCfZQ

Yeah, it was just a QTE and stuff and it just ended there, no falling action or conclusion really at all. They could have done so much better with that game given nearly everything before that was a blast to play. I'll probably buy the new game when it comes out. Although I'll probably wait a few days and see what people say about the ending this time, lol.

I've seen that comic before too, I spent a lot more time browsing 2B related stuff more than I'd like to admit, lol

The game also has really relaxing music. Would listen while studying again out of 10..

A lot of 2TB hard drives are pretty cheap actually, just make sure you get a 7200 RPM one and not a 5400 RPM one, because a 5400 RPM one feels really really slow.

Ha, that expectations vs reality video of Ghost Recon Wildlands video is hilarious. A friend told me how he was hyped for that game and that I should download the open beta, so I went to look at the trailers, didn't really get hyped for it myself (because what we just talked about how game trailers act like overblown movie trailers and how ads don't show how the game actually is), and then I just kind of forgot about it cause I kinda just wrote it off as "co-op Far Cry now but with Ghost Recon"

I do kind of hope the whole 3rd person Cover Based Shooter with Stealth elements thing is on its way out or will start to be on its way out soon. The 3rd person genre somehow feels like it manages to be even more stagnant than the FPS genre where every AAA dev that thinks its a good idea to have their multiplayer component of their game play like COD. It really feels like they are the only two types of games now in both of those genres now.

I never used a gun either cause my parents wouldn't let me buy one. But even if I didn't play any games at all, I'd still think I'd know a magazine doesn't go in that way just from conventional wisdom regarding the fact one end of the magazine has an opening with bullets sticking out and the other end is sealed up (so obviously attach the magazine to the gun opening first to close the opening, if that makes any sense).

When I think about it, I don't see the problem of the AI completing the game by itself really actually manifesting that often given the fact that the enemy also has smart AIs as well. And that in most cases games make it so only the player character is allowed to do certain things. I dunno if it is even an actual problem really. If we're given smart AI teammates, might as well let us command them like an actual squad leader, only this time they actually will be useful and not just dead weight. Some of the funnest moments I had in a game for example was playing Freedom Fighters on the PS2 and just ordering my AI teammates to do all the work for me basically.

A multiplayer game where we could control and command smart AI squadmates would be something new to the table, lol. I think it'd add a new dimension to any meta of a game if the AI was an actual element that posed a threat as opposed to what some people would call "trash mobs". Say we had a 64 person match like in battlefield, but in reality it would actually now be a 384 "person" match, like say every player was put in a squad with 5 AI teammates and that player could issues orders to them. A smart person could work out the details on how to make it all flow smoothly.  

Every single fictional world always has animal people in it. If it's not cat people, it's fox people when it comes to most Japanese games for example. I don't really play as animal people much myself when it comes to games though
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017, 7:45 am

Fzerowii wrote:
Wow it's been so long! I haven't been on in a month omg I'm sorry again! School had kept me so busy... I really want to get the switch tho! Can't believe it's been a year since I revived this place although the domain without the forumsmotion tag will expire soon but I'm probably not going to change it back.  Anyway what's up with everyone else? I'm also going to Japan next month again, I can't wait!
I'd love to be able to visit Japan one day.

I've been busy too,not with school, but with my own things.
Quantum wrote:

The domain will expire soon? Dang, can't believe it's been almost a year since then. Well, at least I won't panic when I type in nintendoforum.org and end up in a different place, since the actual forum isn't going anywhere.

Whenever you do get the Switch, have fun with the New Zelda. I've just been playing some Age of Empires 2 lately with a few people.

Have fun in Japan, lol :p

Quote :

Yeah, it was just a QTE and stuff and it just ended there, no falling action or conclusion really at all. They could have done so much better with that game given nearly everything before that was a blast to play. I'll probably buy the new game when it comes out. Although I'll probably wait a few days and see what people say about the ending this time, lol.

I've seen that comic before too, I spent a lot more time browsing 2B related stuff more than I'd like to admit, lol

The game also has really relaxing music. Would listen while studying again out of 10..

A lot of 2TB hard drives are pretty cheap actually, just make sure you get a 7200 RPM one and not a 5400 RPM one, because a 5400 RPM one feels really really slow.

Ha, that expectations vs reality video of Ghost Recon Wildlands video is hilarious. A friend told me how he was hyped for that game and that I should download the open beta, so I went to look at the trailers, didn't really get hyped for it myself (because what we just talked about how game trailers act like overblown movie trailers and how ads don't show how the game actually is), and then I just kind of forgot about it cause I kinda just wrote it off as "co-op Far Cry now but with Ghost Recon"

I do kind of hope the whole 3rd person Cover Based Shooter with Stealth elements thing is on its way out or will start to be on its way out soon. The 3rd person genre somehow feels like it manages to be even more stagnant than the FPS genre where every AAA dev that thinks its a good idea to have their multiplayer component of their game play like COD. It really feels like they are the only two types of games now in both of those genres now.

I never used a gun either cause my parents wouldn't let me buy one. But even if I didn't play any games at all, I'd still think I'd know a magazine doesn't go in that way just from conventional wisdom regarding the fact one end of the magazine has an opening with bullets sticking out and the other end is sealed up (so obviously attach the magazine to the gun opening first to close the opening, if that makes any sense).

When I think about it, I don't see the problem of the AI completing the game by itself really actually manifesting that often given the fact that the enemy also has smart AIs as well. And that in most cases games make it so only the player character is allowed to do certain things. I dunno if it is even an actual problem really. If we're given smart AI teammates, might as well let us command them like an actual squad leader, only this time they actually will be useful and not just dead weight. Some of the funnest moments I had in a game for example was playing Freedom Fighters on the PS2 and just ordering my AI teammates to do all the work for me basically.

A multiplayer game where we could control and command smart AI squadmates would be something new to the table, lol. I think it'd add a new dimension to any meta of a game if the AI was an actual element that posed a threat as opposed to what some people would call "trash mobs". Say we had a 64 person match like in battlefield, but in reality it would actually now be a 384 "person" match, like say every player was put in a squad with 5 AI teammates and that player could issues orders to them. A smart person could work out the details on how to make it all flow smoothly.  

Every single fictional world always has animal people in it. If it's not cat people, it's fox people when it comes to most Japanese games for example. I don't really play as animal people much myself when it comes to games though
Indeed.

Yes, the ending to Mordor was pretty disappointing considering the buildup to it.

2TB, 2B, coincidence? But knowing how computers advance,Next computer I get might be 2TBs when its time to upgrade,lol.

lol. 2B aka Two Butt. I do like the creator of Nier's responses to the questions about 2B and such.:p  The future is robot waifus.

It does. I've been listening to Persona's music and a few other games' music while browsing and working on things.

Yes, for me it's quite hard to get hyped for so many games. I've got so many I'm focused on as it is, but Ghost Recon seemed fine after seeing people really play it. My friend wishes Metal Gear had a Foxhound game like that.

Indeed. Especially since certain games released recently have kind of surpassed that style by making that style upgraded. Spec Ops the Line almost didn't have multiplayer or trophies but top execs demanded it. Multiplayer isn't a big thing on my list for games though, besides maybe certain games. I have gradually enjoyed it over the years though. Doesn't mean I get to do it much since friends own different systems and games most of the time.

My parents had some, but we also had a variety of other things through auctions and yardsales.

That's sometimes the case with Fallout or Mass Effect partners where your ally can often just kill people for you(especially Garrus with the right upgrades.). I also am fine with escort missions if the one being escorted has lots of health or is a smart AI.

That's a pretty cool idea. Kind of like a strategy game, but with 64 players. That would be quite the insane but fun game. I do like having AI partners since I enjoy modes but with internet being paid moreso and just being a solo kind of person, and training purposes, AI opponents would be welcome, especially if they can be the level of human players like some gaes are.

It seems like it. I'm not really impressed by cat people too much, but fox and dog people are a different story...lol. I would like to see more variety of the animal peoples.
Back to top Go down
Fzerowii

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 EmptySat 22 Apr 2017, 6:43 pm

Anyone else miss mkwii.com sometimes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conversation
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next