Nintendo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo Forum

A General Nintendo Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Conversation

Go down 
+9
ChaseEversoleTV
BL3$$3D
Michelle
Chris
I<3Rosalina
nicke8
TPY
vin-a-cent
Lazero
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

General Conversation - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016, 7:51 am

But it's been weird, I'll have days where I'll feel down, or times of a day I'll feel really down,and then feel happy later or days where I feel good.

I know I need to start life, like driving/college/job/etc. But I either get anxious/bummed out/unmotivated about those topics. Like no real direction on the future. Thinking about the past is sometimes happy but sometimes bums me out too.

Entered Publishers Clearing House stuff,so maybe I'll win that.I wouldn't mind streaming games one day,or making a youtube channel,or art stuff or something. But that probably isn't anything to live on. Though I'm skilled at photography and graphic design. That could be something, or architect/design with drawing.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016, 11:29 pm

Yeah, I know how that feels, Existential dread FTW, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Quantumity
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016, 4:26 pm

Yeah. I have existential dread quite a bit all the time anymore.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016, 4:55 pm

The days with no responsibilities and where nothing important needs to be done are the best, needless to say, lol.
Back to top Go down
Fzerowii
The dude who created everything

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016, 7:04 pm

I miss those days Sad I hope you win quasar!on a side note, I played brawl for the first time in at least 2 years yesterday and it looked sooooo old!
Back to top Go down
https://nintendo.4umer.com
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016, 4:31 am

Indeed, hopefully you end up winning.

Now if only we all can find some new games to play so it's like the good old days again. And I dunno if the new Nintendo Switch will have any games coming out that will make us relive those days, lol.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016, 4:45 am

It would be nice to get back into playing some games like that again. Some of the few where I'm not a reclusive gamer on.

I should try to enjoy media at my own pace again rather than trying to clear every single thing in a short amount of time.

Winning would be nice
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyTue 01 Nov 2016, 6:59 pm

Yeah, one of the biggest things that makes games no longer fun is if we try to complete them in a specific time because we feel like we have no time to do it. It ends up making us try to speedrun stuff and play them in the most unfun/boring way possible (like running from one end of the map to the other only looking at the minimap at the right hand corner for example). The "most time efficient" ways to play games are usually the least fun/stimulating ways, and I think a lot of the people either on youtube/reddit/elsewhere we see complaining about how games are no longer fun to them are probably playing their games that way more than they realize. I dunno if I said this before or not, but I had way more fun playing open world games when I can turn off the minimap/waymarkers and actually look at the scenery and explore.

Let us know if you do end up winning or not, lol :p
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyWed 02 Nov 2016, 10:27 pm

Indeed, same with shows kind of. Though I enjoy binging the shows.

Quite an intense last game of the series, either way a team is gonna end a drought.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyFri 04 Nov 2016, 8:41 pm

It's harder to not binge/speedwatch shows cause most of them are designed to end with a cliffhanger for obvious reasons :p

I don't watch baseball, but I've been hearing from everyone about the game this week.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptySun 06 Nov 2016, 6:04 pm

You know what grinds my gears? Trying to come up with a bunch of thread ideas to try to keep my forum going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nintendonerds.com/forums/index.php
Fzerowii

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2016, 9:54 pm

That's our problem too lol.  Forums are so hard to maintain now a days.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyWed 09 Nov 2016, 3:40 am

Well. We have our first president composed of memes.

Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyWed 09 Nov 2016, 4:13 am

Yep, dank memes at that. At least now we can all go back to playing games. :p

Yeah, the problem with forums nowadays is that there's fewer people that make new threads because there's fewer people who go on forums nowadays in general, and there's been a real shortage of threads indeed. If you recall back in mariokartwii.com before it shut down I remember some of the threads in general conversation/serious debate were threads originally made back from 2015 iirc. We're kind of all just posting on the same thread just because it's already here. I think we ought to just make some more and see what sticks since it's not the type of forum where everyone needs to walk on eggshells and be super serious about the types of new threads we make anyways.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyWed 09 Nov 2016, 7:07 am

My mom was kind of bummed out though. But yeah, hopefully life can resume as usual. Maybe I'll get back into some games again, since I've been busy working on captions/sometimes drawing vinesauce art/watching vine streams/browsing funnyjunk.

I used to make a lot more threads but on all the forums I rarely make any new ones. :p But I might make some more. Maybe I'll post a caption or two from the chats a friend and I have had.

Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyWed 09 Nov 2016, 7:23 pm

Yeah, hopefully life resumes as usual (not like there were any real good choices to begin with anyways). The one thing I do hope comes out of it is that we can finally play video games/pc games in peace again now that the SJWs that have been trying to censor them for the past 4 years will likely be preoccupied with other things. But who knows :p

I guess one of the things that make places like reddit have more activity is because most people are more anonymous compared to people on forums, so they're more likely to post new threads
Back to top Go down
Fzerowii

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016, 12:38 am

I'm scared for our future D: I want to move even more than I did before. And I wanted to move so bad
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016, 7:36 am

Quantum wrote:
Yeah, hopefully life resumes as usual (not like there were any real good choices to begin with anyways). The one thing I do hope comes out of it is that we can finally play video games/pc games in peace again now that the SJWs that have been trying to censor them for the past 4 years will likely be preoccupied with other things. But who knows :p

I guess one of the things that make places like reddit have more activity is because most people are more anonymous compared to people on forums, so they're more likely to post new threads
I do hope that since games are getting to VR. And I've seen some petty complaints about em from some groups, it's like the Puritans all over again.

Indeed. I've heard that from some others. I used to remember people saying others stole thread ideas from it years ago. Not a fan of the layout though.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyFri 11 Nov 2016, 4:10 am

Fzerowii wrote:
I'm scared for our future D: I want to move even more than I did before. And I wanted to move so bad
Heh, I see, fair enough :p. Speaking of moving. I always thought everyone should take steps to have citizenship in at least two countries if at all possible. I basically might as well have 2 right now all things considered since both my parents are from Taiwan and so that means I can basically go there and be like "gib citizenship plox" and get it automatically. I don't get why people don't make it a big priority in their lives.

Blasar wrote:
Quantum wrote:

I do hope that since games are getting to VR. And I've seen some petty complaints about em from some groups, it's like the Puritans all over again.

Indeed. I've heard that from some others. I used to remember people saying others stole thread ideas from it years ago. Not a fan of the layout though.

Yeah, pretty much, I heard the SJWs have been complaining about an upcoming Dead or Alive VR game as it is already. The potential for the VR market is already having problems with Facebook trying to screw things up in the VR market by trying to make a walled garden for Oculus. We don't need SJWs also trying to ruin VR same time with their complaining about what kind of VR games get made.

I've noticed that too, it also does seem that a lot of big youtubers end up copying stuff from reddit.
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyFri 11 Nov 2016, 10:43 pm

Fzerowii wrote:
I'm scared for our future D: I want to move even more than I did before.  And I wanted to move so bad
I feel that everything's going to be ok. Probably. Our country's survived a lot worse things and came out ok.
Quantum wrote:

Heh, I see, fair enough :p. Speaking of moving. I always thought everyone should take steps to have citizenship in at least two countries if at all possible. I basically might as well have 2 right now all things considered since both my parents are from Taiwan and so that means I can basically go there and be like "gib citizenship plox" and get it automatically. I don't get why people don't make it a big priority in their lives.

Blasar wrote:
Quantum wrote:

Yeah, pretty much, I heard the SJWs have been complaining about an upcoming Dead or Alive VR game as it is already. The potential for the VR market is already having problems with Facebook trying to screw things up in the VR market by trying to make a walled garden for Oculus. We don't need SJWs also trying to ruin VR same time with their complaining about what kind of VR games get made.

I've noticed that too, it also does seem that a lot of big youtubers end up copying stuff from reddit.
Well,a virtual haunted house was shut down because it's hospital settings "was offensive to those with mental illness." Or the one that complained about virtual rape in VR. That's like the easiest to deal with, just shut game off or go to different server or something, I doubt it really happened tho and they're just trying to get hits. Also the complaints about DoD's VR boiled down to "we must protect the lives of these virtual folks." Walled garden, I wasn't sure what that meant til I read about it.

General Conversation - Page 12 OculusRecall

Indeed. And all those people with react videos.

Also I just learned the snap function of my computer that allows me to have two tabs open. New tech is great, even if it took me like...hmm, 2 or 3 months to figure out how to do it not accidentally.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016, 7:57 pm

We'll all find out in about 3 months I guess, lol.

I think I actually heard people complain about those things. The idea of people complaining over virtual folks is ridiculous, lol. It's just pixels made via game engines/computer science, lol. I think we might see SJWs trying to double down with trying to censor games and VR for a while. But I think the overton window has shifted back... or eventually will shift back to a more reasonable place when it comes to gaming as a whole.  

Walled garden just means they (Facebook) were trying to basically create a monopoly by getting the developers to sign up and make their games work on Oculus exclusively and not work on any other VR. The future of VR would be pretty bleak if that ended up becoming the norm (assuming it hasn't already).

Yeah, reaction videos copy stuff from reddit a lot, especially viral videos from reddit and stuff. If I see a viral video on reddit, there's almost a guarantee someone is going to make a reaction video of it. I think most reaction videos are kinda meh though. Most of them are just them watching the video and saying stuff that don't really add any new perspectives to the table and have been said, lol. The only reason those get views is because they're titled the same way the viral video is titled and so it puts them on the top of the search engine easily.

At least response videos require the youtuber to put some effort and add something new we didn't already know from the original video to it, because most response videos end up either being the guy refuting the original video or adding their own opinion to the situation. Granted, some response video channels are kind of cancerous and just roast people, but there are tons of good response videos out there that are interesting to watch.

I actually don't know how the snap function works. Or if it even exists in Windows 7. I made it so that my PC doesn't get autoupgraded to windows 10 because I heard people have been running into so many problems with every update. Also, I didn't want to upgrade cause of forced updates, lol :p
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016, 5:45 pm

Quantum wrote:
We'll all find out in about 3 months I guess, lol.

I think I actually heard people complain about those things. The idea of people complaining over virtual folks is ridiculous, lol. It's just pixels made via game engines/computer science, lol. I think we might see SJWs trying to double down with trying to censor games and VR for a while. But I think the overton window has shifted back... or eventually will shift back to a more reasonable place when it comes to gaming as a whole.  

Walled garden just means they (Facebook) were trying to basically create a monopoly by getting the developers to sign up and make their games work on Oculus exclusively and not work on any other VR. The future of VR would be pretty bleak if that ended up becoming the norm (assuming it hasn't already).

Yeah, reaction videos copy stuff from reddit a lot, especially viral videos from reddit and stuff. If I see a viral video on reddit, there's almost a guarantee someone is going to make a reaction video of it. I think most reaction videos are kinda meh though. Most of them are just them watching the video and saying stuff that don't really add any new perspectives to the table and have been said, lol. The only reason those get views is because they're titled the same way the viral video is titled and so it puts them on the top of the search engine easily.

At least response videos require the youtuber to put some effort and add something new we didn't already know from the original video to it, because most response videos end up either being the guy refuting the original video or adding their own opinion to the situation. Granted, some response video channels are kind of cancerous and just roast people, but there are tons of good response videos out there that are interesting to watch.

I actually don't know how the snap function works. Or if it even exists in Windows 7. I made it so that my PC doesn't get autoupgraded to windows 10 because I heard people have been running into so many problems with every update. Also, I didn't want to upgrade cause of forced updates, lol :p
Yes, hopefully it's shift back to normal.

Hopefully VR ends up as a pretty free platform. I do wonder how lost I'd get in VR when it gets really advanced. :p

And there was the controversy over the Fine Bros react. Indeed, response videos are sometimes interesting.

Mine came with Windows 10. I don't know if Windows 7 has it.
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016, 1:05 am

Whatever happens, I just want to play some games, lol.

I wonder how much I'll actually get out of VR though when everything is in place though, because I wear glasses, a glasses friendly version of VR would be nice. It's like how people talk about 3D, it feels weird stacking glasses on top of glasses.

Yeah they're one of the main things I listen to while playing games, I kinda treat them like people do with podcasts/hour long rants, lol.

Turns out there is a snap feature for Windows 7, I just don't know how to use it.

Hopefully this Thanksgiving weekend will be nice
Back to top Go down
Blasar
Admin
Blasar

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016, 3:02 am

I wouldn't mind just having a cabin, playing some games, and watching tv. But I need to earn the moneys.

That's what I've been wondering too. Is I ponder if I'll need glasses in VR,or if it'll be like playing a handheld/laptop, where I don't need it. I can't see far distances.The goggles should be big enough for glasses.

I listen to Vinesauce/etc,it's good background noise.

Just move a window to the side,sometimes top of the screen, that's what worked for me.

I hope so too, a little bit of family is coming by,was hoping to just be 3 of us,and possibly a movie. But it'll be like 2-3 more people in addition. And house needs a bit of organizing/cleaning. But yeah, it's been about a year in this house, and it's nice to have heat.(and nice in summer to have AC)
Back to top Go down
Quantum
Admin
Quantum

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 EmptyThu 24 Nov 2016, 3:09 am

Yeah, given how the amount of people in the target demographic who wear glasses is probably going to be pretty big. I really hope they include a glasses friendly sized version.

Now if only someone went to the next step and started doing those VR pods, you know... the kind of sci-fi stuff we see in movies/games. Without the cliche of people dying in real life if they die in the VR world.

Oh so that's how you use the snap feature, seems dragging it to the side makes whatever window I do it to fullscreen. Now that I think of it, I've actually done this before without knowing it was called the snap feature. Neato.

Speaking of movies on Thanksgiving, I just got around to renting and watching Independence Day 2, it's not nearly as good as the first one at all though. The first one was a lot funnier since it had Will Smith in it. Seems most people shared that opinion.

When you think about it, games basically pay the heating bill in the Winter. No need for AC when you have a PC running at 60~90C at most times to heat up the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Conversation   General Conversation - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conversation
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next